Former U.S. Sen. Ken Salazar
Joe Amon | Denver Post | Getty Images
WASHINGTON – President Joe Biden announced that former Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar will be named US Ambassador to Mexico and Morgan Stanley Vice Chairman Tom Nides will be named Ambassador to Israel.
Biden also announced that he will appoint CB “Sully” Sullenberger III as US Ambassador to the Council of the International Civil Aviation Organization.
The announcements were largely expected. But, as they did while Biden was traveling overseas, they embody Biden’s broader goal of staffing U.S. embassies abroad with seasoned and widely respected diplomats.
In addition to the aforementioned intended nominees, Biden has also tapped into:
- Julie Chung, Ambassador to Sri Lanka
- Sharon L. Cromer, Ambassador to The Gambia
- Troy Damian Fitrell as ambassador to Guinea
- Marc Ostfield as Ambassador to the Republic of Paraguay
- Julianne Smith as NATO Ambassador
- Dr. Cynthia Ann Telles as Ambassador to Costa Rica
This is a development story, please check back for updates.